Sunday, October 12, 2008

OUToberfest Recap

Dear queer and queer-friendly community,

OUToberfest was a BLAST!! I was absolutely ecstatic by the numbers and the people who showed up. Lots of gay couples, lots of gay singles, lots of straight couples, lots of straight singles, and so many kids!! Granted, most of these kids had leave before the drag show... which was awesome. M yfavorite part of the drag show... I can't decide between a very pink fairy MC waving a wand at the crowd "I make you all gay friendly~~!!", or the Dream girls performance.

I definitely had a lot of fun at all the booths, bought some really cool stuff as well [waves her new ring]. PQSU sold a whole bunch of t-shirts, and mucho fliers were passed out. Totally, a success. Queer friendly vendors in full force!!

We did, however, have two protesters show up. In the words of my friend, "2 protesters to 3000 attendees? I think we're doing quite well :) "

Luv you all!

Your ecstaticly happy bisexual crazy librarian,
Jessie Lee <3

No comments: